Saturday 3 August 2013

Wowscreenshotaday Day 1, 2 & 3

   I'm a little late for the running, but I saw others participating in the Screenshot a Day challenge from Tycertank, and thought I'd join in too.
   Fortunately I don't have to have started on the 1st of August to be eligable (or be in the US or whatever - I can't stand contests that are limited to single countries, it drives me crazy! I always make sure my competitions and giveaways are open worldwide) to join, either, but since it only started on August the 1st, I figured it wouldn't be that hard to catch up!
   August 1st's theme (if you can call it a 'theme') was the letter 'N'. I decided not to go on an obvious route, so my subject for the letter 'N' was the Discs of Norgannon. I don't know if it counts, but the words 'Discs' and 'Norgannon' are the two most important words in the phrase, so I figure it counts for something. Hopefully I won't be disqualified for misunderstanding one day's theme!


   August 2nd's theme was 'Incomplete' which actually was a little trickier. In the end I settled on Karazhan. Since it's a ruin, I figure it's incomplete - both in the sense that it's a ruin and so no longer prestine and missing bits and bobs, but also because, given that it's still standing, it's not just a heap of rubble yet, either. I went specifically for the tower because I have a habit of keeping the camera kind of looking down on me a little. I always do it, in every game I play, console or PC, which irritates the hell out of Koruth, but I can't help it. As a result, I don't see the sky much. The only three places I ever recall looking up is Hellfire Peninsula, Deepholm and the Dread Wastes. But I happened to glance up in Karazhan last week (yes it's taken me this long) and I couldn't believe that there was no roof! I had the same realisation outside of the Violet Hold a few months ago despite the fact that you've been able to fly in Dalaran for a very long time. I never actually knew that the courtyard just outside of the instance had no roof! I just figured, since you go in through a gateway in a wall, that there was a roof. So this is my reasoning for choosing Karazhan for 'Incomplete'.


   Today's theme is 'Skyline', and, in truth, I had no idea what to do with it, despite it probably being the most obvious of the three themes. But I got to it and decided on this shot of Icecrown Citadel from Dalaran. It's not very strong because ICC is so huge that I couldn't fit the whole thing in the shot without a bit of Dalaran popping in too, so this will have to do. I think it's probably the second weakest. Day 1's shot is the worst, and Day 3 is the best so far, but it's my own fault for trying to knock out three days in one morning. I promise I'll try harder tomorrow! At least I'm on track, either way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...