Sunday 25 August 2013

WoWscreenshotaday Day 25 'Culture'

   The theme for Day 25 of Tycertank's #WoWscreenshotaday challenge is 'Culture'. I absolutely love this theme, because if there's anything that WoW is rich of, it's culture. There are so many different races, and they all differ hugely from one another, from beliefs to basic living. The vert first thing to come to mind with 'culture' was Pandaren, but that was mainly because their culture has similarities to our own Chinese culture, and so was a lot more apparent than any other race - aside, obviously, for Humans. But when you scratch Pandaren off of the surface, you begin to see the extent of other races' cultures.
   I decided to go with Tauren. They are typically a nomadic race, which is why, despite having 'settled' in Mulgore, their homes are still, for the most part, teepees, and they have strong beliefs when it comes to death. They believe that nature is the mother of the earth, and that it should be respected, and that, once they die, they are reunited with her, and so they prepare their dead carefully. Tauren spirits are often spotted, possibly as guardians for the earth, and a silent reminder that death should not be feared, as it isn't an end.
   I went for Cairne's rest because of the abundance of carefully prepared Tauren bodies at the site, and the presence of Tauren spirits. For this shot I had to ask a few people for help, which I've done for a few past shots, too. Most likely the only time I've interacted with other players for quite some time. I don't have a Tauren at all. I don't want to play a male one, and I'm not at all keen on the females. Perhaps when the new models come out, that might change, and I'll race change my Worgen Druid into a Tauren, but it's not likely. Their culture is one of my favourites, however.
   I'm hoping this shot gets the death aspect of their rich culture across.



2 comments:

  1. Yay tauren culture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay indeed! They're culture is amazing, so peaceful and honest, even if the individuals are capable of bashing your head in with their hooves. Really awesome race ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...