Monday 7 October 2013

Atherya Sunleaf Writing Competition - Winners

   The competition came to a close on the 30th of September, and I ended up with five entries that all came in at the end. I actually don't think it went as badly as it could have, though I didn't get as many entries as I had hoped, each one I did get were great quality, even from those who don't speak English as a first language.
   There can, however, only be one winner.
   I based the winner on ideas and quality of story, not quality of writing. I needed a story that introduced a new character for a short period of time, and an idea for something of note to happen during Northrend.
   So it is with great excitement that I announce the winner as Jojo, of Admiring Azeroth. She's won her story being integrated into the diary, the story's place on this blog, a month of advertising time on my sidebar, a WoW TCG loot card pet, and a custom watercolour painting of her WoW character (not necessarily the one she used in the story). Though I can't guarantee it'll be particularly amazing.

   Two honourable mentions go out, as well. The first to Luxy of Luxypie and Rainbows, first of all for being the first entry, but also because of the skill shown within the writing. The second to Rinike  of Rinike's Wardrobe, for her marvellous attempt. She was perhaps the most hesitant to enter out of everyone, as far as I know, partly because English is not her first language. I'm glad she was able to jump that fence and join in. Both of you have won a consumable WoW loot card each. I'll be in touch with each of you individually shortly to work out prizes.

   While I hope some of you do read the diaries, I will of course publicly announce when the winning story has been posted with the diary, and when the diary entries that feature such a story start.

3 comments:

  1. Gratz to Jojo! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats to Jojo and Luxypie!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy thanks again! Gratz to everyone that entered :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...