Monday 2 September 2013

20 Days of WoW - Day 2 - Why I Decided To Start a Blog


   The Wyvern's Tail isn't my first blog. I have a second called A Blackbird's Epiphany, that I started in 2011 when I opened my Etsy shop. My plan was to have a blog that showed an insight into my shop that would boost sales. I quickly found out that it was useless - not because it wouldn't boost sales, but because no one would read it. I didn't have much to say. So I decided to just blog for the hell of it since no one was reading anyway. I blogged for me. Over time, I gathered a host of followers, made some good friends and gotten more traffic for my shop. I've also learned a lot about a magical thing called SEO (search engine optomisation) which helps my blog get seen as well as my shop. I don't update A Blackbird's Epiphany as much anymore because I'm paying a lot of attention to this blog instead, but I'm doing my best to juggle them both. I post a lot of my crafts on that blog - tutorials, DIY and stuff like that, as well as fitness and weightloss tips that I've picked up throughout my attempt to get in shape.

   But, as far as The Wyvern's Tail is concerned, the reason I started this blog was because, as you might be able to tell just from glancing at my other blog, none of my readers were remotely interested in games. Well, that's not true, there was one girl who was interested, and another reader's boyfriend played WoW so she payed a bit of attention, but that was it. Don't get me wrong, I still talked about it from time to time, because it's a personal blog, and games are part of my interests. If they don't like posts like that then they don't have to read them - if games are the topic of a post, it's usually quite obvious from the title. But I also have no friends in real life who are interested in WoW. Koruth was the only one, and he has lost interest enough to have stopped playing the game, but he keeps an eye on MMO Champion for any interesting developments.
   This is my space to nerd out. Occasionally I might talk about other games like those I mentioned in the first post of 20 Days of WoW, but otherwise it's quite WoW-based. I enjoy it, though, and the blog has really helped me to see WoW in a new light.


2 comments:

  1. Your other blog is so pretty and I love the items in your Etsy store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate that. I'm not great when it comes to design, and it's taken a long time for me to get my other blog looking the way it does. As for my shop, I struggle to come up with new and unique items, so I appreciate the kind words ^^ thank you lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...