Monday 9 September 2013

20DoW - Day 9 - My First Blog Post


   My first blog post. On my first blog, which I had started initially to promote my shop, I had probably mentioned something about the shop itself. As for here, I think my first post was a WoW post I pulled off of that blog to help start me off. I wanted to make sure I had a few posts ready to go up when I started. One thing I learned from my first blog was that a blog created and left empty for a week would still get views by wandering people, and they would likely never return because it would be so empty. They wouldn't know when you started the blog if there were no posts. So, I was ready to post as soon as my blog went live, so I wrote some posts in advance, and pulled my two most recent WoW posts from A Blackbird's Epiphany. I think I ended up removing one of them, but I kept the other.
   It's difficult to write your first post. Where do you start? Do you introduce yourself? But then the blog seems all about you rather than any kind of subject. It's also hard because you have to convey the theme of your blog right away. This time I did away with that, prefering to have an 'about me' page, and just jumped right in with posts I had saved up. I still don't really know how to write an 'about me' page, but I try.


2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog very much, glad to see that you jumped right in and started posting - I've also always believed that's the way to go. As for the 'about' page it's a hard one to write, but just a) a bit about who you are and b) why you're here and c) what you intend to do usually covers it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true enough, the 'about' page doesn't have to be an essay, does it?
    And thank you so much for the compliment - I'm enjoying writing it. I've not been playing much over the last week, though, so as far as game posts go I've not had much to say, but hopefully that'll change when the patch comes out this week ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...