Monday 16 September 2013

20DoW - Day 16 - Things I Miss (Pre-Cataclysm)

Full credit for this image goes to Revive & Rejuvinate. I would have gotten my own screenshot, if I could have.

   I started to play round the middle of The Burning Crusade, and only got my own account when Wrath of the Lich King came out. I have to admit, I barely remember anything except levelling from 60 to 80. I cannot remember post-Cataclysm. I did get the Loremaster achievement, and did more or less every quest on the Horde side that I could, but I had wanted to do every quest on the Alliance side, too, but before I even got started, Cata came out and ruined it! I didn't get to experience any of the Alliance stuff before Cataclysm except Teldrassil and Darkshore. Even then, I didn't complete Darkshore.
   I'm trying hard to think about what I miss, but it's hard when I can barely remember it.
   I suppose levelling without heirlooms is something I miss, but at the same time, it's not like I'm forced into using them. If I wanted to level the traditional way, I could. What I should really be answering with is something I miss that I can't get to anymore.
   Erm...Zul'Gurub as a raid. I did get in there a couple of times, for...sssomething. I don't remember what it was. Maybe for a mount? I'm not sure. But I miss it being a raid. I really like that they brought Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman back as Heroic Dungeons, though, because they're actually the hardest HCs I've ever done, so while they're no longer raids, at the very least, they retain most of their dignity.
   Oh, actually, I suppose I miss Northrend being relevant. I miss Dalaran being busy (though, even on my server, it's rarely every actually empty), I miss the Argent Tournament being my priority, I miss the Lich King himself. It was an awesome expansion, and though I love MoP, there are two big things it's missing that I love - a neutral sanctuary city, and a single villain to build towards. Though, Garrosh will do. Bring him down guys. Bring him down.
   I also miss the old talent system, now I think of it. Now it seems that the only thing that can improve your characters is gear. If you've got rubbish gear, you're rubbish. There's no more tweaking or tinkering involved in classes anymore, and it makes me sad. I always thought that part of the reason I was such a bad player was because of my talents. When I started to look up recommended talents, I improved a lot. Then they took it away and I feel like I am a noob again.

   Otherwise, I don't remember enough. I wish I could go back and see what old WoW looked like again, because I've forgotten so much, and that makes this a hard question to answer. I'm actually pretty happy with a lot of WoW at the moment, I'm not longing for much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...