Sunday 8 September 2013

20 Days of WoW - Day 8 - 10 Things You Don't Know About Me

My first proper book (only one copy self-published - looking for agent instead)


   There are an awful lot of things you don't know about me, and a lot of them I'm not happy to share. So instead of 10 things you don't know, I'll go over the 10 things you should know.

1. I'm a full-time carer. For that reason I cannot raid, and prefer to keep to myself in-game, though occasionally I do think it would be nice to have someone in game to talk to.

2. I'm an introvert. Whenever people I don't know talk to me I panic and freeze up, don't know what to say, and often come across antisocial because I don't say much, both in person and online.

3. I still don't fully know how to play WoW, and instead of learning my class, I just put certain ability types on the same keybindings as every other character. For example, my silences and/or stuns are set to 'R', the first ability I should cast on an opponant is '1', and my main AOE abilities are set to 'V'.

4. I like to think I know about lore, but I miss a lot of it because it's either detailed in places I don't look, like comic books, or in quests I didn't read. I don't like to read WoWWiki/Pedia to get my lore because I prefer it in story-form, and so there's a lot I don't actually know. I'm very shakey when it comes to Illidan between the War of the Ancients and the Black Temple. I know he was imprisoned by Maiev, but I'm not 100% certain on why, or how she ended up going mad, and I'm not really sure how he ended up teaming up with Kael'thas or Vashj, so if anyone can point me in the direction of a story that will explain that, I'd be grateful, otherwise I'll have to finish Warcraft 3. I only got as far as the Culling of Stratholme.

5. I want to be a successful fantasy writer, and a sub-dream to that is to write an official WoW novel - not loads, just one will do.

6. I love crafting, but I'm not very good at a lot of it. I try nevertheless, and constantly try to learn new things to expand my business, if not open a new shop. This usually leads me to make bad decisions and buy lots of materials for something that will essentially only last for a week, even if I'm super serious about it at the time.

7. I have a passion for history - particularly natural history, - the Abyss, space and animals, and can rewatch David Attenborough documentaries over and over again. My favourite is 'First Life', and I am especially partial to the extra feature of an hour length video behind the scenes. Sir David Attenborough is a wonderful man, and not nearly as haughty as some people might think.

8. I'm not that sensitive to sexism. I prefer to think realistically. It is no longer commonly expected for women to stay in the kitchen - at least as far as Western society is concerned. I don't know about Eastern countries, but every country in the world has different customs to others. Because it's no longer expected, I find no offence in 'stay-in-the-kitchen' jokes. I actually find them funny. This may be partly because I am a nightmare in the kitchen, myself. My boyfriend cooks. The only thing I can make are cakes (usually) and crumble. But you can't really mess up crumble. Still, I never stop trying.

9. I believe that feminists have more or less achieved most of their goals - women can work, are payed well, and are respected. While in some areas we are payed less, and there are some jobs women are less likely to be given, like construction, the same goes for men. Some men are denied jobs they might want because of their gender. It goes both ways. I think extremist feminists are ridiculous, and seem to be looking at superiority now instead of equality. Things have changed amazingly over the last 50 years, and while there's still a distance to go, it's not all that far. I think feminists should be proud of what we've achieved. And as far as superiority goes, women are already superior to men in certain situations anyway, just the same as men are superior to women in others. These days, it's not uncommon for a women to wear the trousers in a relationship, and empowering women enough for them to take a stand and not be afraid of being strong is partly what feminism was about. At the end of the day, we're all pretty equal, it's just that a lot of people are still obsessed with the thought and fear that we're not, and that's partly what keeps it alive.

10. And finally, if a dragon were to swoop down and start killing everyone in sight, I would die happy. If a dragon existed, what the hell else would? I would die never knowing, but I would die with hope.


4 comments:

  1. I share the same opinion with you about the feminist, sometimes they do more trouble than good. I love your tiny shop, I'm saving for new monitor now, but after that I'm saving for to buy something pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed they do. That's not to say there's not some use to them, but like I said, it seems to be more about superiority than equality now.
    And thank you - I won't hold you to it, don't worry ;P but I appreciate the words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you won't but I already got my eye for some shinies ;P :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah, thank you! Shop stalkers are always good! :D
    And I don't really believe there's that much weakness in setting up matching keybindings like we do, as long as we have a vague understanding of what the abilities do and we're putting them on the right bindings, right? I'm only here for the scenery anyway! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...