Saturday 2 November 2013

Speculation Confirmed?

   Perhaps. I had written yesterday's speculation post a few days before hand, and had mentioned it in forums a few times before that, but a few hours ago I saw a screenshot on MMO-Champion, which I'm sure you've all seen, too, detailing the registration and copyrighting of the name "Warlords of Draenor" - these kinds of things have been seen before, and recently too, but they've either been fake or misunderstood. But given how soon Blizzcon is, and around the time MMO-Champion tends to get their information, I'd suggest it's real.
   So, so far, my speculation (though far from uncommon) seems to be correct. Of course, a huge part of my speculation revolves around the location, and Draenor doesn't necessarily mean 'Outland'. I could be right - it could be another fragment. Or I could be wrong, and it could simply be the same old Outland again. That won't be confirmed for a while yet, perhaps not until after Blizzcon. I've never been, and neither did I buy a virtual ticket in 2011, so I don't have a clue about what kind of information to expect even at the official reveal.


   What surprised me in the forums, though, was that not many people seemed to think I was onto anything. Most people seemed to think it was going to be underwater-focused with Azshara and Nzoth, but the way I see it, while Azshara is still out there, I think she could easily be in the next expansion alongside the Burning Legion, when you consider the nature and circumstance of her downfall. She had plans to become Sargeras' consort, so I think it's quite likely she'd be following his command. Though she is an important character, especially in WoW's history, I'm not convinced she deserves her own expansion. She's formidable, certainly, but not formidable enough, I believe. Either way, I do think we'll see her either in this expansion, or just before Sargeras is likely to reveal himself, whether that's in the next two years, of six years from now. I'm not convinced he'd be here too soon. Afterall, once Sargeras is dead, what is left for WoW? He's the big bad guy, the one trying to destroy the world, and the one who has been responsible for the majority of what has happened on Azeroth, excluding Deathwing, and, perhaps, Garrosh. Actually, when you think about it, no, he was responsible for Garrosh. If Grom's life hadn't gone as it had and been so influenced by Sargeras, Garrosh may have been completely different. But once Sargeras has been killed, I'm not convinced that the Alliance and the Horde will truly go back to being quite so aggressive towards eachother. I don't think hatreds and mistrust will die, certainly not, but after experiencing what is surely going to be near-annihilation in Sargeras' wake, I think the war between Horde and Alliance will be a little too petty to bother with anymore.

   I'm even more excited for Blizzcon now, to see more of what this expansion will be, because as interesting as Cataclysm was, and as much fun as MoP was, it will be nice to get back to some real WoW. The last two expansions haven't seemed very World of Warcrafty to me, but perhaps that's because I did more in Wrath of the Lich King than I did in Cata, and Deathwing's presence wasn't as obvious as the Lich King's and Illidan's was (if you overlook Azeroth's destruction and all that sort of stuff). Or perhaps that's just me, I don't know, you miss out on a lot of content and story when you don't raid! Regardless, I love the Demons and all that business, so I'm very excited. At this point in time, it looks like Burning Crusade m.II - the same Demonic goodness, with more ease (too much, perhaps?) of access.

How do you all feel about it?


NaBloPoMo November 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...