Friday 23 August 2013

Blogging Challenges



   So, I'm really enjoying Tycertank's WoWscreenshotaday Challenge. I have to say it's really helped me to build up this blog's content, talk to a lot of great bloggers and, frankly, see WoW a little differently. But 23 days have passed and only 8 more to go, and I'm a little concerned about its end. Don't get me wrong, if it was an ongoing thing with no end in sight, I'd give up eventually, but the fact that it's helped my blog so much kind of makes me reluctant to stop. I will because I don't want to cheapen the challenge, and while I could continue to take a screenshot every day, I rather like having a set list that I can't deviate from that someone else has created.
   I have been working on my own WoW project for this blog for weeks now, but I'm not ready to share it yet, and while it is something that other people can join in with, it's not the sort of thing that would be easy to join in with, and it would take a very long time. Not only that, but I like prizes. Yes, I joined in with Tycertank's challenge because it sounded like fun, but whenI found out a few days later that there were prizes, it definitely boosted my interest. I don't think I would have given up if there were no prizes, I probably would have seen it through to the end regardless, but at the same time, prizes are definitely a nice incentive. And so, I'd love to create a challenge of my own with prizes to offer. But the only thing I can think of is a long and drawn out thing that I'm not sure people would stick with for long because of how long it would take.
   I'm being cryptic, I know. I'll reveal it eventually.

   But regardless, I think I will put my mind to coming up with a challenge that people can participate in, something that I could realistically judge, and I'll do my best to collect up loot cards for prizes, be it by chance from booster packs (although, if they're awesome, like a mount, I'll probably redeem it myself - I've never had a mount drop yet, only pets and a novelty item), or by purchasing them from Ebay. And, perhaps, a few physical prizes if I can come up with some stuff. There are a few people out there reading this, after all, who do have more or less any loot card I think I could realistically offer them. I also would like to have a grand prize - a collection of loot cards, stuff, or something like that - for one final winner, but that's obviously something that would take a lot more time and money - and, perhaps, convincing.
   I'm a little concerned, however, that what I'd choose wouldn't grab enough attention or excitement, and that I'd end up wasting my time. I'll probably still do it, regardless, but I think I'd announce it before starting it to see if anyone was interested.

   Either way, I'll try my hand at 20 Days of WoW, unless I can't come up with anything for half of the posts. If I can't write half of them, it won't really work with the challenge, will it? But watch this space. If I do manage to come up with a challenge - and I have several ideas in mind - then I'll surely announce it way before it starts.


8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been thinking about the 20 Days of WoW but I am not sure I really have answers for all of them!


    I am sure whatever you come up with for your challenge will be awesome, I will definitely try to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that. I hope you feel the same way when I announce something ;P
    I'm going to get started on 20 Days of WoW today and see if I can come up with something. If I can I expect I'll start posting in the next few days ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did 30days of wow (found it in tumblr) and it really helped me to start writing and stuff and now it feels weird if I haven't posted anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you've enjoyed it so much. I've been having a ball looking through all entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really positive thing, because I've been blogging now for about 2 years and I've found that if you don't post, even just for a week, your stats drop massively and people who visited while you weren't blogging might not come back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting it, it's really been wonderful :D still looking forward to doing tomorrow's shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever your challenge is, prize or no prizes, I am looking forward to jumping in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hah, I hope so! I'm gathering simple prizes together, though, to be given out throughout. It's the final prizes that are the problem! :P I'm hoping to get something going in the next month or so, though, I just have to decide what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...