Wednesday 14 August 2013

WoWscreenshotaday Day 14 'Trash'

Note: This isn't a shot I'd usually take, and I have to give a quick shout-out to World of Warcraft Threads and thank them for their post 'Hotter Than Ragnaros' for the outfit source. I don't know what I'd have done without it. I also feel I should mention that I don't mean to offend dancers of any kind with this screenshot and its title. This shot is aimed towards trashy players - the people who use their gender, or the gender of their characters, purposely to get free stuff and special treatment from other players. The figurative WoW whores.

   Today's theme is 'Trash'. Now, I originally had another shot in mind for trash. I had gone on the route of 'one man's trash is another man's treasure' and had a screenshot of the Oracles (pictured at the bottom of this post) because they seem to hoard shinies. They've got collections of golden goblets, shells, platters and, in some cases, paper which I can only assume has some sort of shiny or brightly coloured wax seal on them or something. But after I took it, I began thinking on another thought I had with the word 'trash'. I had no intention of doing it - I had no idea what my Blood Elf (I had to be my Blood Elf. Undead are just not sexy) would even wear, where to take the shot or anything. But a few weeks ago when I was searching for outfits for an up-coming feature, I came across the above mentioned 'Hotter Than Ragnaros' post and thought it was pretty cool. I didn't bookmark it or anything because I was certain I wouldn't need it for anything, ever, but when this morning rolled around, I found a sudden need for it. So I tracked it down, and was delighted to find that, for once, the items I needed were craftable from very basic resources.
   Once I had my gear, I was a little stuck. I first got some shots from in front of a waterfall but I found it a little too lacking in colour, and rethought it. I suddenly remembered the rather luxurious organza (I assume it's something like that, anyway) draperies around certain bed chambers and such in Silvermoon, and headed out there. Once I found one to my liking, I shot it.
   I did burn out the edges to make it seem darker and to make the colours pop a little more



 As I've said, I mean no offence to anyone with the above image.
The image below was the original image I was going to use for 'Trash'



3 comments:

  1. Amazing as usual! I love this pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm a little concerned that some people might get a bit too sensitive about it so I'm a little nervous today! I appreciate the positive comment ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. People shouldn't get offended, they know how their belfs look :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...