Thursday 8 August 2013

WoWscreenshotaday Day 8 'Peek-a-Boo'

   When I saw that the 8th theme of TycerTank's #WoWscreenshotaday challenge was 'Peek-a-Boo' I knew immediately what I wanted to do. But, as things usually go, it didn't go as planned.
   Still, I headed out to Sholazar Basin - one of only two locations I could think of, the second being Un'Goro Crater - with Shango at my side, and went location scouting. I wanted to get a shot of the tiger looking through long grass right at the camera, but the first problem I came up against was where to find this grass. I found that most bundles of long grass were clustered around rocks and trees, and I didn't really want one of those filling up the background. I eventually ventured down into the Wildgrowth Mangal and had a look at the grass and bullrushes along the riverbanks, and after about twenty minutes of adjusting location by a few metres and positioning Shango one million times,  I finally got my shot.
   I have several variations, because I thought that looking straight at him wasn't too well-hidden, so I hid behind some more grass to add more depth, but then it just sort of looked like he was just playing hide and seek by himself, and I figured that if he was looking right out of the screen, it would be more like "o hai, u luk taystee" so in the end I settled on my original shot.



2 comments:

  1. Your screenshots always look so good! So jelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, thanks! I'm really enjoying this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read all comments, and they are fully moderated, so spamming here is pointless, since it won't be accepted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...